ASUU: List Of Nigerian Universities Resumption Dates And Examination
Following the decision of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to suspend the national strike embarked on since February 14, 2022, some Nigerian institutions have fixed their resumption date.
THE INFORMANT earlier reported that ASUU on Friday called off its eight-month-old strike.
The industrial action was put to an end after the National Executive Council of ASUU held an emergency meeting in Abuja.
In this article, THE INFORMANT highlights various Nigerian Universities and their resumption dates according to press statements issued by the institutions.
1. Nnamdi Azikiwe University: The registrar of the institution, Philomena Okoye, disclosed that students are expected to resume academic activities with immediate effect from Monday, October 17, 2022.
2. TAI Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun: The institution in a statement signed by the Principal Assistant Registrar, Adesanya A. fixed Friday, October 14, 2022, as resumption.
3. Federal University of Petroleum Effurun: All students are expected to resume academic activities with effect from Monday, October 17, 2022,
4. Federal University Lafia: The institution released an action plan to carry out sanitation and fumigation of campuses and repairs of some damaged facilities while the resumption of students for the second semester is scheduled for Sunday, October 30, 2022.
5. University of Port Harcourt: The registrar has announced that academic activities will commence on October 16, 2022, and 24 for the examination of all Year one B students.
6. Obafemi Awolowo University holds a senate meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
#ASUU #FG #BUHARI